If this prompt doesn’t immediately spark a story for you, take out a blank sheet of paper and brainstorm the answers to some of these questions:
- Are your main characters strangers? Friends? Enemies? Exes? Family members?
- Do they agree or disagree on what has appeared in the sky?
- Are the words an advertisement? A proposal? Something else?
- Could there be supernatural elements involved?
- What time of day is this taking place? What day of the week?
- What were your characters doing when they first noticed these words in the sky?